msn mail Inbox missing!
sapphpool
2010-02-22 15:52:01 UTC
Hi :) On my MSN page, I received error code 0x80004005 cannot send or
receive emails about a week ago. At that time, I noticed my Inbox had approx
10,000 emails. I started to delete the old ones and noticed nothing would
happen (would not delete).
I tried something called Auto Fix - and all that happened was my INBOX
completely disappeared. I was frantic as I had some old emails I needed.
Then I discovered I could go to Hotmail and pick up the messages there.
After investigating, I added the Hotmail account (****@msn.com) to the MSN
email list. This created a "new" group of folders on MSN - and still no
inbox from the MSN folders. This new group of folders worked for about 1 day
- and now no longer does. I cannot delete or move any of the emails sent, in
trash, or received now on the MSN page.
I suppose I could deal with checking Hotmail all the time, but I would
really like my original INBOX back - the MSN part where I receive emails as
usual - not on Hotmail. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks so much!
StephenB
2010-02-22 22:26:48 UTC
Contact MSN Support - http://support.msn.com for your support options.
-steve
--
Stephen Boots
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live
***@mvps.org
unknown
2010-03-06 20:11:21 UTC
Hi there,
The same thing is happening to me, too. I have another computer that does the email thing properly on this same email account. One guy at MSN support suggests I restore my computer to the original factory settings, ie, wipe it clean. Another guy said MSN is having a MSN server proplem (for about 1 month now) that is causing synchronization problems and they have a guy or guys working on it, but the solution is no where in sight. Please let me know if you find a solution. I'd love to fix this email! Thanks.

sapphpool wrote:

msn mail Inbox missing!
22-Feb-10

[...]

How to display a Gravatar Image with 100 Percent Client Script Code
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/3c8a04cd-471e-48b7-8dcc-b0877c10ecb4/how-to-display-a-gravatar.aspx
rob c
Thanks so much!
StephenB
2010-06-14 02:16:18 UTC
Are you a paid MSN Subscriber and is this in MSN Explorer? If so,
http://support.msn.com for options to contact support.
Are you using MSN Explorer as a MSN Premium subscriber provided by a partner
such as Qwest or Verizon? If so contact the provider for support.
Are you referring to a free Hotmail account? If so, go to the Windows Live
Hotmail forum at http://windowslivehelp.com - the forum is monitored by Hotmail
Support.
-steve
Post by sapphpool
[...]
MVP Windows Live
Windows Live OneCare/Live Mesh/MSE Forums Moderator
***@mvps.org
Mission Beach
2010-07-08 08:14:02 UTC
I too have run into the same problem: email that wouldn't delete and then the
inbox disappearing. I note the orginal date on this problem was back in 2/22!
(And that MSN says they could help, but only if I would pay them more...
apparently to repair their own system).
Thanks so much!
StephenB
2010-07-08 08:36:28 UTC
If you are a paid MSN subscriber, there is no charge for support.
http://support.msn.com
If you have MSN Premium through a partner, such as Verizon or Quest, you get
support from the partner and they can work with MSN Support if escalation is
needed.
If you have a free Hotmail account, go to http://windowslivehelp.com for Hotmail
support.
-steve
***@mvps.org
Mission Beach
2010-07-09 23:27:44 UTC
I am a paid MSN subscriber, but you should know that Verizon and MSN have
parted ways. Verizon is no longer providing help with MSN. MSN is now
charging separately for their services and offers two different rates. The
difference between them is the help they provide. The cheapest rate provides
only this community bulletin board for help, the other rate, expensive,
essentially charges for phone, email or chat. So, if their system "fails" and
nobody can provides an answer on the BB, you have to cough up more money. If
I am misunderstanding this, and you know something different, please let me
know.
.
StephenB
2010-07-10 01:42:06 UTC
I am aware that Verizon was no longer partnering, but I'm not aware of any
tiered plans for MSN Premium that offer different support.
What happens when you sign in with your subscriber LiveID at
http://support.msn.com - do you get phone/chat support offered? You should,
On the other hand, since your problem is with Mail, you can also post to the
Hotmail forum at http://windowslivehelp.com for assistance as this is an account
issue with Hotmail as the back end.

And, if your missing inbox folder and such are in the MSN Premium client, but on
Hotmail you can see all of the folders, a reset of account information in MSN
Premium is in order, I suspect. Don't do this if the folders and messages that
disappeared were local only and do not appear on www.hotmail.com

At the MSN Premium sign-in page, before you sign in, press CTRL+Shift+F11 at the
same time and accept the prompts to clear all local account information from the
PC. Then sign in and all data should be refreshed from the server to the local
PC.
-steve
***@mvps.org
Mission Beach
2010-07-10 03:35:50 UTC
The option of chat is available, and I used it to contact support, and then
was advised that I didn't qualify, and, well, "sorry". I'll try the reset.
And check the folders before I do. Thanks.
.
Mission Beach
2010-07-10 03:35:45 UTC
In the state of Washington (but not in some other states, e.g. California)
Verizon and MSN are no longer partners. I used to use MSN through Verizon,
but back in April I received notification that they were no longer going to
be partners, and that I wished to continue with MSN I would have to pay one
of two new subscription fees, one with full the kind of support you describe
and one with only this discussion group. Having had very few problems with
MSN I opted for the latter, which cost $10.81 a year. I paid that fee on May
8th and was downloaded a new login and email browser. Since that time I have
encountered continuous problems with my email. Emails that wouldn't delete.
Emails that wouldn't be sent. Emails that wouldn't download. A yellow
triangle next to my inbox. And finally, my inbox disappeared. I went to the
support address you listed, but they refused to look at any difficulty
because I had only paid $10.81. Hotmail is working just fine. Maybe there
might be synchronization problems between MSN and Hotmail. But I'm left with
feeling I've been sold a faulty product and then told that I had no real
recourse but to buy the more expensive version.
.
StephenB
***@mvps.org
David Lemire
2010-11-08 00:57:51 UTC
I'm having similar problems. Worked with "chat" but they advised to clear account and emails, which I have done multiple times. Also uninstalled MSN Explorer and reinstalled. Chat has not been available for the last few days. I also opened a ticket with email help, but got the same advice as with chat.
This sure feels like a server problem rather on my PC. I can access my wife's MSN from my PC and everything is fine.

Symptoms: 14,000+ sent emails in my sent folder (computer); 7000 in trash can. Can't get the can to empty and can't move the "sents" to the trash can. Sending and receiving is spotty and slow.Signing out takes forever.

I'll continue to try to work on my chat ticket if they are ever going to be available. So much for 24/7 support.
Post by StephenB
Are you a paid MSN Subscriber and is this in MSN Explorer? If so,
http://support.msn.com for options to contact support.
Are you using MSN Explorer as a MSN Premium subscriber provided by a partner
such as Qwest or Verizon? If so contact the provider for support.
Are you referring to a free Hotmail account? If so, go to the Windows Live
Hotmail forum at http://windowslivehelp.com - the forum is monitored by Hotmail
Support.
-steve
--
Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live
Windows Live OneCare/Live Mesh/MSE Forums Moderator
I too have run into the same problem: email that would not delete and then the
Post by Mission Beach
I am a paid MSN subscriber, but you should know that Verizon and MSN have
parted ways. Verizon is no longer providing help with MSN. MSN is now
charging separately for their services and offers two different rates. The
difference between them is the help they provide. The cheapest rate provides
only this community bulletin board for help, the other rate, expensive,
essentially charges for phone, email or chat. So, if their system "fails" and
nobody can provides an answer on the BB, you have to cough up more money. If
I am misunderstanding this, and you know something different, please let me
know.
I am aware that Verizon was no longer partnering, but I am not aware of any
Post by Mission Beach
In the state of Washington (but not in some other states, e.g. California)
Verizon and MSN are no longer partners. I used to use MSN through Verizon,
but back in April I received notification that they were no longer going to
be partners, and that I wished to continue with MSN I would have to pay one
of two new subscription fees, one with full the kind of support you describe
and one with only this discussion group. Having had very few problems with
MSN I opted for the latter, which cost $10.81 a year. I paid that fee on May
8th and was downloaded a new login and email browser. Since that time I have
encountered continuous problems with my email. Emails that would not delete.
Emails that would not be sent. Emails that would not download. A yellow
triangle next to my inbox. And finally, my inbox disappeared. I went to the
support address you listed, but they refused to look at any difficulty
because I had only paid $10.81. Hotmail is working just fine. Maybe there
might be synchronization problems between MSN and Hotmail. But I am left with
feeling I have been sold a faulty product and then told that I had no real
Post by Mission Beach
The option of chat is available, and I used it to contact support, and then
was advised that I did not qualify, and, well, "sorry". I will try the reset.
Post by StephenB
Did you try the reset of account information from my other reply?
-steve
--
Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live
Windows Live OneCare/Live Mesh/MSE Forums Moderator
Visual Studio Async CTP Overview
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/e78665f9-b949-4cc7-a024-654eb3bbad6d/visual-studio-async-ctp-overview.aspx
Mission Beach