Someone want to tell me where all the english speaking newsgroups went???
Peter J. Dickason, MCSE
2010-09-27 15:08:57 UTC
I started up my newsreader to post a question to MS and lo and behold, ALL
OF MY NEWSGROUPS WERE DELETED. Obvious to say this is very disconcerting.
Is Microsoft's english speaking newsgroup systems down???

thanks
Pete
Hot-Text
2010-09-28 00:39:01 UTC
Microsoft is bridge to the web and DELETED it old NEWSGROUPS list and may a
new one!

you can go to nntp:news.aioe.org that is free and there you see that UseNet
is running the old Microsoft NEWSGROUPS list for you!
Pete
Peter J. Dickason, MCSE
2010-09-28 20:53:48 UTC
Thanks all

StephenB
2010-09-28 00:54:10 UTC
Microsoft has discontinued their nntp newsgroups.
There are a few remaining, such as this one, as there is no equivalent yet.
Windows Live discussions - http://windowslivehelp.com
Windows and many product newsgroups -
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories

A listing of many other forums -
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/forums/default.mspx

-steve
--
Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live
***@mvps.org
...winston
2010-09-28 00:56:21 UTC
Microsoft announced the closure of newsgroups on the msnews.com server in May 2010 and also posted reminders prior to the newsgroups closure(only a few groups remain).

<qp>
Which Newsgroups Are Affected by this Shutdown?
All public newsgroups will eventually be closed between June 1, 2010 and
October 1, 2010. Microsoft will be closing newsgroups in a phased approach,
starting with the least active newsgroups and moving eventually to more
active ones throughout the course of the next six months.
</qp>

For additional info see the following links.

Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx

Closed Newsgroups with links to a Microsoft Forum(s)

...winston
ms-mvp mail