New Windows Live Hotmail format: hate it, change me back
Dave the Red
2008-10-29 05:13:00 UTC
This afternoon I was, once again, given a new Hotmail appearance/screen/
visual. Why?

It's a big step backwards. Each page has fewer messages than ever. The
contacts list is now broken up by alphabet so I have to click on each letter
if I'm looking for someone who is not organized by last name (or first or
other known designation)-- in the past ALL contacts were on one page, I just
had to scroll down to spot my target.

I want to switch back to Hotmail Classic! Help screens, Options screens,
Technical support emails, online chats with Microsoft are of no use
whatsoever.

Help! I want my old Hotmail back!!

Cursed Microsoft.
Dave the Red
2008-10-29 05:18:01 UTC
Microsoft even got rid of the discussion group for Hotmail or LiveHotmail or
LiveMail or to whatever they change the name. Why was that?? Too many
complaints, I wonder?

I just hope I've posted this on the correct forum.

(Exasperated)
...winston
2008-10-29 08:19:20 UTC
It looks like you found it in the web interface.
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion

MSn/Hotmail groups
Nntp:

On the web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.msn.discussion
--
...winston
ms-mvp mail
(Exasperated)
Dave the Red
2008-10-29 08:37:01 UTC
If I'm not mistaken, in the past there was a forum dedicated specifically to
Hotmail issues. This "public" forum is a catchall. Yet microsoft retains
forums for every whiched type of esoterica you could imagine , just not one
for one of its most popular programs/products.

"Metadirectory"? "msdntraining"? "ccf"? What the hell are they? What ever
they are, they have their own forum. I'm sure they get just tons and tons of
hits. On the other hand, hotmail? who uses that?

It's crazy.
Earle Horton
2008-10-29 16:41:35 UTC
There are two "Hotmail" discussion groups, both of which I follow:
microsoft.public.es.msn.hotmail and microsoft.public.fr.msn.hotmail. Note
the presence of "msn" in both. This is the right place for Hotmail related
discussions. As far as I know, there never was an English language group
with Hotmail in the name.

Use the feedback forms if you don't like the new change. Try to remember
that you are a user of a free, advertisement supported product. Perhaps
they keep the MSN name for the benefit of their paying customers. ;^) It's
all "Live this" and "Live that" now.
It's crazy.
Dave the Red
2008-10-29 18:22:14 UTC
You mean I've got to go to France or Spain in order to address hotmail
issues? Talk about outsourcing.

These sites are not on the pulldown at the top of this page. Thanks for the
reference, though.

I'm pretty sure there was a (US) forum with "hotmail" in the name earlier
this year, but I'm not sure. I can't follow all this "live" this, "msn" that
naming, either. What does all that mean? What's live about it? Is is live
rhymes with jive, or live rhymes with give?

How about just plain ole hotmail. I don't need all this facebook-type junk
and photo swappping crap they've tried to tack on to my email service.

BTW, I am a paying customer. This is the thanks I get.
It's crazy.
Gary VanderMolen
2008-10-29 19:28:00 UTC
No, there never was an English newsgroup specifically for Hotmail.

I suppose the "Live" moniker refers to some type of interaction with
the web, instead of using a program strictly offline. In the case of
Hotmail, that is somewhat redundant since it always was web-based.
From a marketing viewpoint, it makes sense to include Hotmail in
the 'Live" family of programs: http://get.live.com
--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
It's crazy.
Earle Horton
2008-10-30 02:47:38 UTC
Post by Dave the Red
You mean I've got to go to France or Spain in order to address hotmail
issues? Talk about outsourcing.
Those groups are used for MSN, Hotmail and Live mail issues, just like this
one is.
Post by Dave the Red
These sites are not on the pulldown at the top of this page. Thanks for the
reference, though.
I'm pretty sure there was a (US) forum with "hotmail" in the name earlier
this year, but I'm not sure. I can't follow all this "live" this, "msn" that
naming, either. What does all that mean? What's live about it? Is is live
rhymes with jive, or live rhymes with give?
How about just plain ole hotmail. I don't need all this facebook-type junk
and photo swappping crap they've tried to tack on to my email service.
BTW, I am a paying customer. This is the thanks I get.
I am too, but through Qwest Choice DSL with MSN Premium aka Qwest Mail by
Windows Live. I use Outlook to read my mail. Try the Outlook Connector on
Microsoft Downloads. Outlook Express also works, for a while, as does MSN
Explorer. If you have Hotmail Plus, well then any pop3/smtp client with SSL
will work.
It's crazy.
Dave the Red
PA Bear [MS MVP]
2008-10-29 22:31:35 UTC
The Windows Live Hotmail team is (supposedly) monitoring
microsoft.public.internet.mail newsgroup for Hotmail-related issues, etc.

FYI:

HOW TO Optimize IE for Windows Live Hotmail
http://emailsupport.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!5D6F5A79A79B6708!6203.entry

Top 30 Windows Live Hotmail Help Topics for Mail and Settings:
http://emailsupport.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!5D6F5A79A79B6708!5828.entry

Hotmail (Email) Support:
https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlmail&ct=eformts
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
(Exasperated)
...winston
2008-10-29 05:22:06 UTC
Unfortunately, return to the prior is not an option..

http://windowslivewire.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!2F7EB29B42641D59!7426.entry
</qp>
It’s late September already, and time for that inevitable question: what did you do on your summer vacation? Well, this summer, the
Hotmail team and I were hard at work on a new version of Hotmail, and we’re super excited to start rolling it out to you very soon.
</qp>

It may take time for it to be rolled out to all 'hundreds of million' users..
--
...winston
ms-mvp mail
Cursed Microsoft.
Dave the Red
2008-10-29 06:16:01 UTC
Post by ...winston
Unfortunately, return to the prior is not an option..
I am really very disappointed.
I am disappointed in the product itself. Secondly I am disappointed in the
arrogance on the part of microsoft in thinking that they know what I'm going
to like, what I'm going to want, and in giving me no option to decide for
myself.

(So what else is new)
...winston
2008-10-29 08:14:05 UTC
Only one of my accounts has been upgraded, though the Hotmail UI is not something I use regularly for mail(my preference is Outlook
03/07 and Windows Live Mail, thus changes to the web UI are secondary to my use and preference.

You are not alone...others have expressed similar opinions about 'choice'. Feedback can be sent via this electronic form.

Feedback Live Hotmail
https://feedback.live.com/?mkt=en-us&productkey=wlmail

Sometimes we all forget the service agreement that applies to both free and fee versions(WL Hotmail and WL Hotmail Plus)
- as-is," "with all faults" and "as available
- change the service or delete features at any time and for any reason
- etc..
--
...winston
ms-mvp mail
(So what else is new)
Dave the Red
2008-10-29 08:42:00 UTC
Post by ...winston
Sometimes we all forget the service agreement that applies to both free and fee versions(WL Hotmail and WL Hotmail Plus)
- as-is," "with all faults" and "as available
- change the service or delete features at any time and for any reason
- etc..
--
...winston
ms-mvp mail
Yes, of course microsoft got their lawyers to writeup an agreement which is
totally to their benefit. Shocking!

Microsoft provides three options to its customers:
a) take it
b) leave it
c) screw you
...winston
2008-10-31 02:13:51 UTC
Dave,
If that is your definition, venting aside<g>, it would still fall under the
category of what is agreed upon by using the service.

:
: c) screw you
Earle Horton
2008-11-01 15:55:59 UTC
So why is this guy paying for Hotmail Plus, if he's (only) using the web
interface? I have to admit I don't know much about what people are griping
about here, but I am thinking no ads (some discussion group messages seem to
negate this) and no idle account termination. 10 GB instead of 2 GB storage
doesn't seem like such a big deal, but I don't get or send that many videos.
I don't even use the online folders except for temporary storage of
messages.

I use a pop3 client to download my mail. Sometimes out of town with the
laptop I use an HTTP client or as a last resort the web interface. It
doesn't look so bad to me. You also want to check your Junk folder from
time to time, so make sure that Hotmail/Live isn't getting too aggressive.
Maybe I really do want to join kaseyemma25198362's new Yahoo! group. I
can't remember the last time I actually used the web interface New message
tool.

I really do like what ...winston and Dave have come up with for "Terms of
Use" though. Heh, heh.
: c) screw you
...winston
2008-11-02 11:52:28 UTC
Hotmail Plus = No ads in mail or on one's Spaces page when others are
viewing
Iirc, the majority of all the complaints about ads were focused on msn.com
and my.msn.com which are freely accessible by anyone with a live ID, thus
free and fee(Plus)have the same options and rights(as is, subject to change
etc.)

Where as my.live.com is ad-free allowing one to add a wide cross section of
content(basic, news, sports, entertainment, multiple pages, share, feeds and
gadgets etc...

...winston

"Earle Horton" <***@terra.comx> wrote in message news:%***@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
[...]
: > : a) take it
: > : b) leave it
: > : c) screw you
: >
:
:
Dave the Red
2008-11-04 16:42:12 UTC
Earle,

To get a better idea of what people are griping about since the change over,
go to

http://windowslivewire.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!2F7EB29B42641D59!8878.entry#comment

You'll need a couple of hours to read through all the negative comments.
There's a fire storm a-brewin!
Earle Horton
2008-11-04 18:34:54 UTC
I have five accounts, all linked and all attached to my Qwest MSN
subscription. I wonder why four of them get the older interface, and one
gets the new one you have been talking about?
There's a fire storm a-brewin!
Earle Horton

There's a fire storm a-brewin!
N. Miller
2008-10-30 20:42:47 UTC
Post by Dave the Red
Post by ...winston
Unfortunately, return to the prior is not an option..
I am really very disappointed.
I am disappointed in the product itself. Secondly I am disappointed in the
arrogance on the part of microsoft in thinking that they know what I'm going
to like, what I'm going to want, and in giving me no option to decide for
myself.
(So what else is new)
Are you paying for a "Hotmail Plus" account?
--
Norman
~Shine, bright morning light,
~singing down the hills and valleys.
...winston
2008-10-31 05:16:55 UTC
"N. Miller" <***@msnews.aosake.net> wrote in message news:***@msnews.aosake.net...
: On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 23:16:01 -0700, Dave the Red wrote:
:
: > "...winston" wrote:
:
: >> Unfortunately, return to the prior is not an option..
:
: > I am really very disappointed.
: > I am disappointed in the product itself. Secondly I am disappointed in
the
: > arrogance on the part of microsoft in thinking that they know what I'm
going
: > to like, what I'm going to want, and in giving me no option to decide
for
: > myself.
: >
: > (So what else is new)
:
: Are you paying for a "Hotmail Plus" account?

???
The interface change is common to both free and Plus.

...winston
ms-mvp mail
Dave the Red
2008-10-31 18:03:00 UTC
Post by N. Miller
Are you paying for a "Hotmail Plus" account?
--
Norman
~Shine, bright morning light,
~now in the air the spring is coming.
~Sweet, blowing wind,
~singing down the hills and valleys.
I am. Have been for about eight years.

I feel I'm a pretty loyal customer. Microsoft seems to have to gone to good
length to 'p' me off.

(Like the poem, Norman)
Carmen Hardy
2010-08-01 14:43:20 UTC
So no help is really available for those of us that hate the "new hotmail format"

OK it's free - but they're not the only email browser/
If no request to change to the former hotmail - guess I'll just change to outlook.

DavetheRe wrote:

Re: New Windows Live Hotmail format: hate it, change me back
29-Oct-08

"...winston" wrote

I am really very disappointed
I am disappointed in the product itself. Secondly I am disappointed in the
arrogance on the part of microsoft in thinking that they know what I'm going
to like, what I'm going to want, and in giving me no option to decide for
myself.

(So what else is new)

On Wednesday, October 29, 2008 1:13 AM
DavetheRe wrote:

New Windows Live Hotmail format: hate it, change me back
This afternoon I was, once again, given a new Hotmail appearance/screen/
visual. Why?

It's a big step backwards. Each page has fewer messages than ever. The
contacts list is now broken up by alphabet so I have to click on each letter
if I'm looking for someone who is not organized by last name (or first or
other known designation)-- in the past ALL contacts were on one page, I just
had to scroll down to spot my target

I want to switch back to Hotmail Classic! Help screens, Options screens,
Technical support emails, online chats with Microsoft are of no use
whatsoever

Help! I want my old Hotmail back!

Cursed Microsoft.

On Wednesday, October 29, 2008 1:18 AM
DavetheRe wrote:

Microsoft even got rid of the discussion group for Hotmail or LiveHotmail or
Microsoft even got rid of the discussion group for Hotmail or LiveHotmail or
LiveMail or to whatever they change the name. Why was that?? Too many
complaints, I wonder?

I just hope I've posted this on the correct forum

(Exasperated)

On Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:16 AM
DavetheRe wrote:

Re: New Windows Live Hotmail format: hate it, change me back
"...winston" wrote

I am really very disappointed
I am disappointed in the product itself. Secondly I am disappointed in the
arrogance on the part of microsoft in thinking that they know what I'm going
to like, what I'm going to want, and in giving me no option to decide for
myself.

(So what else is new)

On Wednesday, October 29, 2008 4:14 AM
...winston wrote:

Only one of my accounts has been upgraded, though the Hotmail UI is not
Only one of my accounts has been upgraded, though the Hotmail UI is not
something I use regularly for mail(my preference is Outlook=2

https://feedback.live.com/?mkt=3Den-us&productkey=3Dwlmai

Sometimes we all forget the service agreement that applies to both free
and fee versions(WL Hotmail and WL Hotmail Plus
- as-is," "with all faults" and "as availabl
- change the service or delete features at any time and for any reaso
- etc.

--=2
...winsto
ms-mvp mai

"Dave the Red" <***@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E845893-12C8-4A76-875B-***@microsoft.com..
th
goin
for

On Wednesday, October 29, 2008 4:19 AM
...winston wrote:

It looks like you found it in the web interface.
It looks like you found it in the web interface
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.msn.discussio

MSn/Hotmail group
Nntp

On the web
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?d
g=3Dmicrosoft.public.msn.discussio

--=2
...winsto
ms-mvp mai

"Dave the Red" <***@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B213F1C-AD2C-46F4-B0C6-***@microsoft.com..
LiveHotmail or

On Wednesday, October 29, 2008 4:37 AM
DavetheRe wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, in the past there was a forum dedicated specifically to
If I'm not mistaken, in the past there was a forum dedicated specifically to
Hotmail issues. This "public" forum is a catchall. Yet microsoft retains
forums for every whiched type of esoterica you could imagine , just not one
for one of its most popular programs/products.

"Metadirectory"? "msdntraining"? "ccf"? What the hell are they? What ever
they are, they have their own forum. I'm sure they get just tons and tons of
hits. On the other hand, hotmail? who uses that?

It's crazy.

On Wednesday, October 29, 2008 4:42 AM
DavetheRe wrote:

Yes, of course microsoft got their lawyers to writeup an agreement which is
Yes, of course microsoft got their lawyers to writeup an agreement which is
totally to their benefit. Shocking!

Microsoft provides three options to its customers:
a) take it
b) leave it
c) screw you

On Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:41 PM
Earle Horton wrote:

Re: New Windows Live Hotmail format: hate it, change me back
There are two "Hotmail" discussion groups, both of which I follow:
microsoft.public.es.msn.hotmail and microsoft.public.fr.msn.hotmail. Note
the presence of "msn" in both. This is the right place for Hotmail related
discussions. As far as I know, there never was an English language group
with Hotmail in the name.

Use the feedback forms if you don't like the new change. Try to remember
that you are a user of a free, advertisement supported product. Perhaps
they keep the MSN name for the benefit of their paying customers. ;^) It's
all "Live this" and "Live that" now.
--
Earle Horton -- ***@terra.comx

"Dave the Red" <***@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A5C8E68-E8C1-4F21-B43E-***@microsoft.com...

On Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:22 PM
DavetheRe wrote:

You mean I've got to go to France or Spain in order to address hotmail issues?
You mean I've got to go to France or Spain in order to address hotmail
issues? Talk about outsourcing.

These sites are not on the pulldown at the top of this page. Thanks for the
reference, though.

I'm pretty sure there was a (US) forum with "hotmail" in the name earlier
this year, but I'm not sure. I can't follow all this "live" this, "msn" that
naming, either. What does all that mean? What's live about it? Is is live
rhymes with jive, or live rhymes with give?

How about just plain ole hotmail. I don't need all this facebook-type junk
and photo swappping crap they've tried to tack on to my email service.

BTW, I am a paying customer. This is the thanks I get.

"Earle Horton" wrote:

On Wednesday, October 29, 2008 6:31 PM
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

The Windows Live Hotmail team is (supposedly) monitoring microsoft.public.
The Windows Live Hotmail team is (supposedly) monitoring
microsoft.public.internet.mail newsgroup for Hotmail-related issues, etc.

FYI:

HOW TO Optimize IE for Windows Live Hotmail
http://emailsupport.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!5D6F5A79A79B6708!6203.entry

Top 30 Windows Live Hotmail Help Topics for Mail and Settings:
http://emailsupport.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!5D6F5A79A79B6708!5828.entry

Hotmail (Email) Support:
https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlmail&ct=eformts
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Dave the Red wrote:

"Dave the Red" <***@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D56861E-9D90-4163-861A-***@microsoft.com...

Those groups are used for MSN, Hotmail and Live mail issues, just like this
one is.

I am too, but through Qwest Choice DSL with MSN Premium aka Qwest Mail by
Windows Live. I use Outlook to read my mail. Try the Outlook Connector on
Microsoft Downloads. Outlook Express also works, for a while, as does MSN
Explorer. If you have Hotmail Plus, well then any pop3/smtp client with SSL
will work.
--
Earle Horton -- ***@terra.comx

On Thursday, October 30, 2008 1:58 AM
DavetheRe wrote:

Re: New Windows Live Hotmail format: hate it, change me back
Thanks for the good suggestions.
Dave the Red

"Earle Horton" wrote:

On Thursday, October 30, 2008 4:42 PM
N. Miller wrote:

Re: New Windows Live Hotmail format: hate it, change me back
Are you paying for a "Hotmail Plus" account?

--
Norman
~Shine, bright morning light,
~now in the air the spring is coming.
~Sweet, blowing wind,
~singing down the hills and valleys.

On Thursday, October 30, 2008 10:13 PM
...winston wrote:

Dave,If that is your definition, venting aside<g>, it would still fall under
Dave,
If that is your definition, venting aside<g>, it would still fall under the
category of what is agreed upon by using the service.

On Friday, October 31, 2008 1:16 AM
...winston wrote:

Re: New Windows Live Hotmail format: hate it, change me back
the
going
for

???
The interface change is common to both free and Plus.

....winston
ms-mvp mail

On Friday, October 31, 2008 2:03 PM
DavetheRe wrote:

I am. Have been for about eight years.I feel I'm a pretty loyal customer.
I am. Have been for about eight years.

I feel I am a pretty loyal customer. Microsoft seems to have to gone to good
length to 'p' me off.

(Like the poem, Norman)

On Saturday, November 01, 2008 11:55 AM
Earle Horton wrote:

[...]

"...winston" <***@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%***@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

On Sunday, November 02, 2008 6:52 AM
...winston wrote:

Hotmail Plus = No ads in mail or on one's Spaces page when others are
Hotmail Plus = No ads in mail or on one's Spaces page when others are
viewing
Iirc, the majority of all the complaints about ads were focused on msn.com
and my.msn.com which are freely accessible by anyone with a live ID, thus
free and fee(Plus)have the same options and rights(as is, subject to change
etc.)

Where as my.live.com is ad-free allowing one to add a wide cross section of
content(basic, news, sports, entertainment, multiple pages, share, feeds and
gadgets etc...

...winston

"Earle Horton" <***@terra.comx> wrote in message news:%***@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
griping
storage
videos.

On Tuesday, November 04, 2008 11:42 AM
DavetheRe wrote:

Earle,To get a better idea of what people are griping about since the change
Earle,

To get a better idea of what people are griping about since the change over,
go to

http://windowslivewire.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!2F7EB29B42641D59!8878.entry#comment

You'll need a couple of hours to read through all the negative comments.
There's a fire storm a-brewin!

On Tuesday, November 04, 2008 1:34 PM
Earle Horton wrote:

I have five accounts, all linked and all attached to my Qwest MSN subscription.
I have five accounts, all linked and all attached to my Qwest MSN
subscription. I wonder why four of them get the older interface, and one
gets the new one you have been talking about?
--
Earle Horton -- ***@terra.comx

"Dave the Red" <***@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:917BDBE9-3CEE-4869-A63E-***@microsoft.com...

On Wednesday, November 05, 2008 1:11 PM
Earle Horton wrote:

Never mind, all five accounts have the new page now.
Never mind, all five accounts have the new page now. I could get used to
this thing. I kind of like it...

Earle

On Sunday, November 09, 2008 7:52 AM
Simonsk wrote:

My first email account is Hotmail. I fall in love with hotmail. But now....
My first email account is Hotmail. I fall in love with hotmail. But now....
What is this! I think hotmail is imitating google like interface and i hate
it so much. The new interface SUCKS!!!!!

On Sunday, November 09, 2008 11:03 AM
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

Re: New Windows Live Hotmail format: hate it, change me back
See
http://windowslivewire.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!2F7EB29B42641D59!14128.entry
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Simonski wrote:

On Monday, November 10, 2008 10:05 PM
Quich wrote:

RE: New Windows Live Hotmail format: hate it, change me back
"Dave the Red" wrote:

On Monday, November 10, 2008 10:15 PM
Quich wrote:

Geez This hotmail/msn sucks I hate it.
Geez This hotmail/msn sucks I hate it. It took me forever just to figure out
how to respond to all this sh*t. Give us back the old format. Its not that I
dont like change its just not user friendly

On Friday, March 12, 2010 2:04 PM
Change in your face Jane wrote:

"Dave the Red" wrote:
"Dave the Red" wrote:

On Friday, March 12, 2010 2:50 PM
Change in your face Jane wrote:

I liked MSN before the Bing drop down interruptions so I tried Yahoo.
I liked MSN before the Bing drop down interruptions so I tried Yahoo. It did
the same thing. Went back to MSN because I liked the page set up. Now that
*><*ed and you get Hollywood in your face. Give us a break! WE WANT REAL NEWS
and a familiar front page.

On Friday, March 12, 2010 4:28 PM
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

BOHICA:MSN redesign begins broad deployment Tuesday:http://blog.seattlepi.
BOHICA

MSN redesign begins broad deployment Tuesday
http://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/archives/197124.as

Change in your face Jane wrote:

On Thursday, July 29, 2010 9:41 PM
susan helmer wrote:

new format
Why in god's good name did you change your format. I cannot find the "sent" button...not to mention it is not reader friendly. I will be leaving this mail soo. sorry...

On Friday, July 30, 2010 12:39 AM
...winston wrote:

Who is 'you'.The post you responded too is almost 2 yrs old.
Who is 'you'

The post you responded too is almost 2 yrs old

'Sent' button where.
Hotmail user interface
Msn Explore(Msn Premium software) user interface
Windows Live Mail desktop email client interface

What does 'reader' friendly mean

-
...winsto
ms-mvp mai

"susan helmer" wrote in message

Why in god's good name did you change your format. I cannot find the
"sent" button...not to mention it is not reader friendly.=2
I will be leaving this mail soo. sorry..

DavetheRe wrote

New Windows Live Hotmail format: hate it, change me bac
29-Oct-0

This afternoon I was, once again, given a new Hotmail appearance/screen
visual. Why

it is a big step backwards. Each page has fewer messages than ever. Th
contacts list is now broken up by alphabet so I have to click on each
lette
if I am looking for someone who is not organized by last name (or first
[...]

complaints, I wonder

I just hope I have posted this on the correct forum

(Exasperated

DavetheRe wrote

Re: New Windows Live Hotmail format: hate it, change me bac
"...winston" wrote

I am really very disappointed
I am disappointed in the product itself. Secondly I am disappointed in
th
arrogance on the part of microsoft in thinking that they know what I am
goin
to like, what I am going to want, and in giving me no option to decide
fo
myself

(So what else is new

....winston wrote

Only one of my accounts has been upgraded, though the Hotmail UI is no
Only one of my accounts has been upgraded, though the Hotmail UI is not
=3
something I use regularly for mail(my preference is Outlook=3D2
03/07 and Windows Live Mail, thus changes to the web UI are secondary to
=3
my use and preference

You are not alone...others have expressed similar opinions about =3

https://feedback.live.com/?mkt=3D3Den-us&productkey=3D3Dwlmai

Sometimes we all forget the service agreement that applies to both free
=3
and fee versions(WL Hotmail and WL Hotmail Plus
- as-is," "with all faults" and "as availabl
- change the service or delete features at any time and for any reaso
- etc..

--=3D20
....winston
ms-mvp mail

=3D
the
going
for

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion

MSn/Hotmail groups
Nntp:

On the web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?d=
=3D
g=3D3Dmicrosoft.public.msn.discussion

--=3D20
....winston
ms-mvp mail

=3D
LiveHotmail or

DavetheRe wrote:

If I am not mistaken, in the past there was a forum dedicated =
specifically to
If I am not mistaken, in the past there was a forum dedicated =
specifically to
Hotmail issues. This "public" forum is a catchall. Yet microsoft retains
forums for every whiched type of esoterica you could imagine , just not =
one
for one of its most popular programs/products.

"Metadirectory"? "msdntraining"? "ccf"? What the hell are they? What =
ever
they are, they have their own forum. I am sure they get just tons and =
tons of
hits. On the other hand, hotmail? who uses that?

it is crazy.

Earle Horton wrote:

Re: New Windows Live Hotmail format: hate it, change me back
There are two "Hotmail" discussion groups, both of which I follow:
microsoft.public.es.msn.hotmail and microsoft.public.fr.msn.hotmail. =
Note
the presence of "msn" in both. This is the right place for Hotmail =
related
discussions. As far as I know, there never was an English language =
group
with Hotmail in the name.

Use the feedback forms if you do not like the new change. Try to =
remember
that you are a user of a free, advertisement supported product. Perhaps
they keep the MSN name for the benefit of their paying customers. ;^) =
it is
all "Live this" and "Live that" now.

--=20
Earle Horton -- ***@terra.comx

DavetheRe wrote:

You mean I have got to go to France or Spain in order to address hotmail =
issues?
You mean I have got to go to France or Spain in order to address hotmail
issues? Talk about outsourcing.

These sites are not on the pulldown at the top of this page. Thanks for =
the
reference, though.

I am pretty sure there was a (US) forum with "hotmail" in the name =
earlier
this year, but I am not sure. I cannot follow all this "live" this, "msn" =
that
naming, either. What does all that mean? What's live about it? Is is =
live
rhymes with jive, or live rhymes with give?

How about just plain ole hotmail. I do not need all this facebook-type =
junk
and photo swappping crap they have tried to tack on to my email service.

"Earle Horton" wrote:

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

The Windows Live Hotmail team is (supposedly) monitoring =
microsoft.public.
The Windows Live Hotmail team is (supposedly) monitoring
microsoft.public.internet.mail newsgroup for Hotmail-related issues, =
etc.

FYI:

HOW TO Optimize IE for Windows Live Hotmail
http://emailsupport.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!5D6F5A79A79B6708!6203.entry

Top 30 Windows Live Hotmail Help Topics for Mail and Settings:
http://emailsupport.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!5D6F5A79A79B6708!5828.entry

Hotmail (Email) Support:
https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=3Dwlmail&ct=3Deformts
--=20

....winston wrote:

Re: New Windows Live Hotmail format: hate it, change me back
the
going
for

???
The interface change is common to both free and Plus.

....winston
ms-mvp mail

DavetheRe wrote:

I am. Have been for about eight years.I feel I am a pretty loyal =
customer.
I am. Have been for about eight years.

I feel I am a pretty loyal customer. Microsoft seems to have to gone to =
good
length to 'p' me off.

(Like the poem, Norman)

Earle Horton wrote:

So why is this guy paying for Hotmail Plus, if he is (only) using the web
So why is this guy paying for Hotmail Plus, if he is (only) using the web
interface? I have to admit I do not know much about what people are =
griping
about here, but I am thinking no ads (some discussion group messages =
seem to
negate this) and no idle account termination. 10 GB instead of 2 GB =
storage
does not seem like such a big deal, but I do not get or send that many =
videos.
I do not even use the online folders except for temporary storage of
messages.

I use a pop3 client to download my mail. Sometimes out of town with the
laptop I use an HTTP client or as a last resort the web interface. It
does not look so bad to me. You also want to check your Junk folder from
time to time, so make sure that Hotmail/Live is not getting too =
aggressive.
Maybe I really do want to join kaseyemma25198362's new Yahoo! group. I
cannot remember the last time I actually used the web interface New =
message
tool.

I really do like what ...winston and Dave have come up with for "Terms =
of
Use" though. Heh, heh.

--=20
Earle Horton -- ***@terra.comx

Hotmail Plus =3D No ads in mail or on one's Spaces page when others are

DavetheRe wrote:

Earle,To get a better idea of what people are griping about since the =
change
Earle,

To get a better idea of what people are griping about since the change =
over,
go to

http://windowslivewire.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!2F7EB29B42641D59!8878.ent=
ry#comment

You'll need a couple of hours to read through all the negative comments.
There is a fire storm a-brewin!

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

BOHICA:MSN redesign begins broad deployment =
Tuesday:http://blog.seattlepi.
BOHICA:

MSN redesign begins broad deployment Tuesday:
http://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/archives/197124.asp

Change in your face Jane wrote:

Changing WCF Service Implementation at Runtime
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/d9263dcc-f7ed-42f3-bc96-32146=
1be3306/changing-wcf-service-implementation-at-runtime.aspx=20

Six Free Visual Studio 2010 MSDN Memberships Giveaway
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/f7338bb9-7fa4-4fa8-9e5a-244857b0d9d4/six-free-visual-studio-2010-msdn-memberships-giveaway.aspx
...winston
2010-08-01 23:02:17 UTC
Same answer I gave in this thread a few years ago when it originated
Sometimes we all forget the service agreement that applies to both free and fee versions(WL Hotmail and WL Hotmail Plus)
- as-is," "with all faults" and "as available
- change the service or delete features at any time and for any reason
- etc..

Outlooks a fine product...Fyi...with the Outlook Hotmail Connector(for Live) you can setup your Hotmail account in Outlook using
the http protocol.

--
...winston
ms-mvp mail

Christina Kelly
2010-11-24 20:03:12 UTC
Where the Hell is my sent email box??? I work on this damned account and it's driving me mad!
Chris
Post by ...winston
Only one of my accounts has been upgraded, though the Hotmail UI is not =
something I use regularly for mail(my preference is Outlook=20
https://feedback.live.com/?mkt=3Den-us&productkey=3Dwlmail
Post by ...winston
It looks like you found it in the web interface.
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion
MSn/Hotmail groups
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?d=
g=3Dmicrosoft.public.msn.discussion
--=20
...winston
ms-mvp mail
LiveHotmail or
Post by ...winston
Dave,
If that is your definition, venting aside<g>, it would still fall under the
category of what is agreed upon by using the service.
Post by ...winston
the
going
for
???
Post by ...winston
Who is 'you'.
The post you responded too is almost 2 yrs old.
'Sent' button where..
Hotmail user interface ?
Msn Explore(Msn Premium software) user interface ?
Windows Live Mail desktop email client interface ?
What does 'reader' friendly mean ?
--
...winston
ms-mvp mail
"susan helmer" wrote in message =
Why in god's good name did you change your format. I cannot find the =
"sent" button...not to mention it is not reader friendly.=20
I will be leaving this mail soo. sorry...
New Windows Live Hotmail format: hate it, change me back
29-Oct-08
This afternoon I was, once again, given a new Hotmail appearance/screen/
visual. Why?
it is a big step backwards. Each page has fewer messages than ever. The
[...]
something I use regularly for mail(my preference is Outlook=3D20
03/07 and Windows Live Mail, thus changes to the web UI are secondary to =
=3D
my use and preference.
You are not alone...others have expressed similar opinions about =3D
https://feedback.live.com/?mkt=3D3Den-us&productkey=3D3Dwlmail
Sometimes we all forget the service agreement that applies to both free =
=3D
and fee versions(WL Hotmail and WL Hotmail Plus)
- as-is," "with all faults" and "as available
- change the service or delete features at any time and for any reason
- etc..
--=3D20
...winston
ms-mvp mail
=3D
the
going
for
It looks like you found it in the web interface.
It looks like you found it in the web interface.
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion
MSn/Hotmail groups
Post by Carmen Hardy
So no help is really available for those of us that hate the "new hotmail format"
OK it's free - but they're not the only email browser/
If no request to change to the former hotmail - guess I'll just change to outlook.
Submitted via EggHeadCafe
Excel Tips: Net Present Value (NPV) and Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/e426181a-90f1-4bdb-a58a-ef76c7e7cc85/excel-tips-net-present-value-npv-and-internal-rate-of-return-irr.aspx
Christina Kelly
2010-11-24 20:04:22 UTC
Not to mention my junk box and my deleted box!!!

Submitted via EggHeadCafe
Update Configuration of a ClickOnce WPF Application Using Mage or MageUI
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/a8788ed5-c1b5-41d5-b49c-ea4760c3b820/update-configuration-of-a-clickonce-wpf-application-using-mage-or-mageui.aspx
Simonski
2008-11-09 12:52:20 UTC
PA Bear [MS MVP]