Microsoft Live Hotmail MSN Live MSN Hotmail Live MSN Hotmail
Bryan
2008-11-20 19:05:02 UTC
I just wanted to comment on the new interface implemented just days ago. I
absolutely DO NOT like this new interface and it's so bad that I'm
considering taking my paid Live subscription to Google and abandoning this
baby-faced interface altogether.

I can not "Check for new messages" anymore and new messages sent to my
account aren't showing up with screen refreshes or whatever task I can think
of to try to wake it up to check for new email.

The really really dumb "Themes" are for kids.. Like Trix. The spacing of
the folders and messages reduces the number of folders and messages I can see
forcing me to scroll even more. It's cartoon like.. Is it all about
looking like GMail or what?

This new interface will cost Microsoft a subscription customer unless it's
either reversed immediately or FIXED. I HATE this interface, everything that
has changed is a regression in functionality and design.

I hope I'm not alone with this opinion and more users will complain until
this ridulous marketing-inspired, child-like interface is reversed. It's
practically entirely useless.

And for God's sake pick ONE marketing name and stick with it!!! "Live",
"MSN", "Hotmail"... Geesh! This concatenation of marketing names to reduce
the confusion actually makes it worse, dumb bunny marketing people! Call
it Microsoft Live Mail and be done with it..
PA Bear [MS MVP]
2008-11-20 23:06:17 UTC
See
http://windowslivewire.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!2F7EB29B42641D59!14128.entry

Windows Live Hotmail Feedback
https://feedback.live.com/default.aspx?productkey=wlmail
--
~PA Bear
Les
2010-11-02 18:23:39 UTC
You are not alone. If these people who thought this was a better idea worked for me they would now be unemployed for doing this to CUSTOMERS. I have been a Microsoft user from the beginnings. This is about the worst screw up they have done so far. Maybe the children at Microsoft should check with adults before releasing garbage like this. I am a plus subscriber and have great difficulty getting the new email program to sync all my mail which includes 5 accounts. It is no wonder that Apple has become so popular. So far it seems like I must log in to each of my accounts plus messenger before I can read my mail. With 5 computers, this is a royal pain. Microsoft you suck!!!!
Post by PA Bear [MS MVP]
See
http://windowslivewire.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!2F7EB29B42641D59!14128.entry
Windows Live Hotmail Feedback
https://feedback.live.com/default.aspx?productkey=wlmail
--
~PA Bear
Dynamic Data Controls with Entity Framework
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/29c02d78-c90d-495a-82fd-c21fe6656ed6/dynamic-data-controls-with-entity-framework.aspx