Hotmail Reply Settings: Option missing in new Live Mail version
StarvinMarvin
2007-11-03 18:59:01 UTC
When I Reply to a message in Hotmail (or I guess it's now Windows Live Mail -
whatever) I do NOT want the text of the original message to automatically be
included in my reply. In all previous versions of Hotmail since 1999 you
could set the "Include original message text" option to Manual or Automatic.

Now, I am unable to find that option. Every Reply includes the original
message text. THIS IS BAD!

Does anyone know how to turn off/disable the "include original message text"
feature, please?

Regards
mae
2007-11-03 19:42:09 UTC
That option is not there.
When you reply, you will have to do it manually.
To remove all of the message:
ctrl+A - selects all; then ctrl+X - deletes it all
To leave the header or some quote,
just select what you don't want to include and delete.
Then type your message.
And don't select a nice pale colored background - that was removed too.
--
mae

N. Miller
2007-11-04 17:09:10 UTC
Post by StarvinMarvin
When I Reply to a message in Hotmail (or I guess it's now Windows Live Mail -
whatever)...
No. It is ***NOT*** "Windows Live Mail". That is a desktop email client,
similar to MS Outlook Express. It is now, "Windows Live Hotmail". Damn
Microsoft for their cursed, confusing product nomenclature!
Post by StarvinMarvin
I do NOT want the text of the original message to automatically be
included in my reply. In all previous versions of Hotmail since 1999 you
could set the "Include original message text" option to Manual or Automatic.
Now, I am unable to find that option. Every Reply includes the original
message text. THIS IS BAD!
Does anyone know how to turn off/disable the "include original message text"
feature, please?
Nope. Don't see a way to do it. I suppose you should comment on that to the
Windows Live staff, but I don't know their contact email address.
--
Norman
~Shine, bright morning light,
~singing down the hills and valleys.
unknown
2010-02-09 23:17:56 UTC
I've been using Hotmail since I opened an account while in Bangkok in 1996. I normally have the "include original message" switched to off, but now I temporarily wish to include the original. I cannot locate the option that allows the user to select or deselect the option to include original with reply. I guess Hotmail don't really have to strive to respond to customer needs as they still hold so much market share, but this is a poor effort.

StarvinMarvi wrote:

Hotmail Reply Settings: Option missing in new Live Mail version
03-Nov-07

When I Reply to a message in Hotmail (or I guess it's now Windows Live Mail -
whatever) I do NOT want the text of the original message to automatically be
included in my reply. In all previous versions of Hotmail since 1999 you
could set the "Include original message text" option to Manual or Automatic

Now, I am unable to find that option. Every Reply includes the original
message text. THIS IS BAD

Does anyone know how to turn off/disable the "include original message text"
feature, please

Regards

On Saturday, November 03, 2007 2:59 PM
StarvinMarvi wrote:

Hotmail Reply Settings: Option missing in new Live Mail version
When I Reply to a message in Hotmail (or I guess it's now Windows Live Mail -
whatever) I do NOT want the text of the original message to automatically be
included in my reply. In all previous versions of Hotmail since 1999 you
could set the "Include original message text" option to Manual or Automatic

Now, I am unable to find that option. Every Reply includes the original
message text. THIS IS BAD

Does anyone know how to turn off/disable the "include original message text"
feature, please

Regards

On Saturday, November 03, 2007 3:42 PM
mae wrote:

That option is not there.When you reply, you will have to do it manually.
That option is not there
When you reply, you will have to do it manually
To remove all of the message
ctrl+A - selects all; then ctrl+X - deletes it al
To leave the header or some quote
just select what you don't want to include and delete
Then type your message
And don't select a nice pale colored background - that was removed too
-
ma

"StarvinMarvin" <***@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F85CF979-1A35-403C-980B-***@microsoft.com...

On Sunday, November 04, 2007 12:09 PM
N. Miller wrote:

Re: Hotmail Reply Settings: Option missing in new Live Mail version
On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 11:59:01 -0700, StarvinMarvin wrote

No. It is ***NOT*** "Windows Live Mail". That is a desktop email client
similar to MS Outlook Express. It is now, "Windows Live Hotmail". Dam
Microsoft for their cursed, confusing product nomenclature

Nope. Don't see a way to do it. I suppose you should comment on that to th
Windows Live staff, but I don't know their contact email address

--
Norma
~Shine, bright morning light
~now in the air the spring is coming
~Sweet, blowing wind
~singing down the hills and valleys.

How to display a Gravatar Image with 100 Percent Client Script Code
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/3c8a04cd-471e-48b7-8dcc-b0877c10ecb4/how-to-display-a-gravatar.aspx
StephenB
2010-02-10 01:05:53 UTC
Peter:
Help and Support for Windows Live Hotmail can be found at
http://windowslivehelp.com/Default.aspx

That option does not exist in the Hotmail web interface.
If you use Windows Live Mail, available from http://download.live.com as part of
Windows Live Essentials, you can set this option.
-steve
Post by unknown
[...]
Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live
Windows Live OneCare/Live Mesh/MSE Forums Moderator
***@mvps.org
wen-hao leu